Patient confidentiality (as mandated by state and federal law) is maintained at all times.
Please do your best to keep your voice low and cell phone on a silent or quiet setting while in the office waiting room. This helps ensure that you and all other patients have a positive and uninterrupted treatment experience.Please also refrain from wearing strong fragrances or perfumes to your treatment, as many people have different reactions to strong scents.
Your appointment time is reserved solely for you. Consequently, a 24-hour cancellation policy applies to your appointment.
If you are unable to cancel your appointment 24-hours in advance, a cancellation charge for the full treatment fee for the appointment will apply.
Payment in full is expected at the time of service. cash, checks, and credit cards (visa, mastercard & american express) are accepted forms of payment. A fee applies for any returned checks.
Mar Vista Center for Acupuncture is an out-of-network provider for most insurance plans. We do have a biller and will bill for those plans that do cover our treatment. Herbal medicine is not covered by any plans.
Insurance coverage varies from one plan to another – even among plans offered by a single insurer. It is strongly recommended that you contact your insurance provider before treatment to clarify your specific plan’s coverage and reimbursement policies.
Important questions to ask your insurance provider include:
- Is acupuncture covered under your specific policy?
- What is the rate/percentage of reimbursement for acupuncture treatment (in-network and out-of-network)?
- Is there a limit to the number of treatments reimbursed (either per calendar year or per illness/complaint)?
- Does your deductible apply to acupuncture treatment? if so, have you met your deductible?
- Does your policy cover acupuncture treatment for your illness/complaint? or is coverage limited to certain diagnoses (ICD-9 codes) if coverage is limited, what diagnoses are covered?
- Are there any other limitations to the coverage for acupuncture treatment by your insurance plan?
If you have any questions about insurance, please feel free to contact Mar Vista Center for acupuncture for assistance